Supplier Diversity Statement
Supporting Diverse Businesses
Palomar is committed to providing opportunities for qualified businesses owned by people of diverse backgrounds to participate as suppliers or subcontractors of products and services to our company.
Our Supplier Diversity Program
By doing business with diverse suppliers, Palomar promotes the development of these enterprises and supports the growth of the communities in which it does business. For this reason, we aim to ensure diverse suppliers participate in our bidding and procurement processes.
The scope of Palomar’s Supplier Diversity program is the U.S. and its territories.
Our Supplier Diversity Program includes the following classifications for diverse-owned businesses:
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- People With Disability-Owned Business Enterprise
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise
According to the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), a diverse business is defined as a U.S.-based, for-profit enterprise that is at least 51 percent owned and controlled by one or more individuals who are members of an ethnic minority group (e.g., African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American, etc.), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender), women, veterans or those with disabilities. The business must provide proof of certification of its diverse status by a third-party certifying agency to participate in the program.
Goals of the Program
- Increase Palomar total spend with diverse suppliers while maintaining competitive sourcing and selection;
- Support the communities where Palomar does business by using a diverse supplier base; and
- Ensure fair and impartial consideration is given to each diverse supplier and the products/services it provides.