PALOMAR ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT
Palomar acknowledges the reality of climate change and is committed to incorporating responsible environmental stewardship and sustainability into our business strategy and mission. We have and will continue to take steps to reduce our carbon footprint and preserve natural resources through responsible power and water management. As leaders in risk management for hurricanes, floods, fires and other disasters, we see firsthand the impact of climate change on the lives of Americans. While Palomar is honored to offer insurance products that provide resilience after disaster strikes by helping our policyholders to rebuild their homes and businesses, we are also mindful of the need to reduce the severity of events through more responsible climate management. Accordingly, we are taking steps to reduce our internal footprint and resource usage as well as provide external solutions and support. We regularly monitor and analyze all of our operations and facilities to help us determine how we can be more efficient and environmentally friendly. Some of the steps we take include:
- Eliminating the use of disposable plastic water bottles in favor of filtered water dispensers in our corporate headquarters.
- The addition of dual computer monitors for our Team members to reduce the need for printing.
- Adopting a hybrid work environment offering Team members the ability to work from home, responding to their changing needs while also providing the added benefit of reducing our carbon footprint.
- Using energy-efficient LED and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) in our corporate headquarters. Our offices and hallways are equipped with motion sensors that turn lights off if movement is not detected after a period of time in order to further reduce energy consumption.
- Continuously reviewing our equipment and technology, and appropriately installing more energy efficient versions.
- Embedding in our decision-making the environmental impact relevant to our insurance business.
- Working together with our clients and partners to raise awareness of environmental issues to manage risk and develop solutions.
- Conducting operations in compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Identifying and implementing measures to reduce waste and conserve natural resources.
- Monitoring waste output to ensure we’re recycling as much as possible.
- Building awareness among our stakeholders, including Team members, about the impact of climate change and steps that we can take to protect the environment and build resilience in our communities.