California Flood Awareness and Preparedness
Are you prepared for the next “Big One” in California?
You never know when a flood will occur or how much damage it will cause. Experts recently determined that the likelihood of a devastating megaflood in California is significantly higher than previously expected, and suggested that it could be the most costly natural disaster in history. At Palomar, we make it easy to obtain residential or commercial flood insurance tailored to you and your property. That way, you’re always financially protected against floods.
California Flood Information You Should Consider
- Every California county has been declared a flood disaster area at least twice and will likely experience flooding again.
- More than $580 billion worth of structures in California are vulnerable to floods.
- Climate change has doubled the risk of catastrophic flooding in California.
Why Flood Insurance Is Key For California Homeowners
Your home is always at risk of a flood, even if you live outside of a flood zone. Meanwhile, it only takes an inch of water to cause thousands of dollars’ worth of property damage, and most homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage.
What You Get with Palomar Flood Insurance
Our flood insurance is an alternative to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policies. We provide:
- No waiting period for zero delays
- Flexible payment plans
- Higher limits for maximum protection
- And much more
Palomar Flood Insurance Coverage & Limits For California Residents
- Dwelling limit up to $5 million
- Personal property limit up to $1 million
- Loss of use limit up to $50,000
- Fixed deductible as low as $500
Learn more about Palomar’s residential insurance products. We will be in touch shortly.
Become an Agent
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers through agents across the nation.