We are Hiring! Underwriting Assistant(s)
Location: La Jolla, CA & Remote Opportunity
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
The Underwriting Assistant reports to the Manager, Underwriting and is responsible for providing underwriters with information necessary to make underwriting and pricing decisions (e.g. data entry, clearance, additional information from agents/brokers, modeling, mapping, and other administrative support from initial submission through policy issuance and renewal). This position provides support within established process workflows and guidelines that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention, and service goals. Candidates applying for this position need to have a strong customer service focus mindset combined with the ability to manage responsibilities in a timely, accurate, professional, and consistent manner. This is a temp to hire role.
What will you do?:
- Data entry, clearance, and pre-underwriting new business and renewal accounts
- Update and maintain account documentation including accuracy and organization of files and information systems
- Assist underwriters with processing and assembly of quotes, binders, policies, endorsements, and billing communications
- Conduct correspondence with brokers and agents to obtain additional account information or relay account status
- Assist Underwriters and other internal departments with general clerical duties as needed
What we are looking for:
- Possesses strong customer service skills
- Displays teamwork and flexibility
- Drives for results and takes initiative to help support the team
- Ability to quickly learn and work in various technical platforms
- 2 years insurance industry experience or college course work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional, analytical, and adaptable attitude
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf