We are Hiring! Statutory Reporting Analyst
Location: San Diego (Hybrid) or Remote
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
- Palomar Holdings has an exciting opportunity for a Statutory Reporting Analyst to join our diverse team. We are looking for an experienced finance and insurance professional to join a team of individuals in the preparation and filing of Palomar Holdings’ members’ statutory financial statements. This role requires a solid understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles including following latest emerging guidance from NAIC.
What will you do?
- Prepares STAT financial statement preparation and analysis
- Supports the completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for all insurance companies in multiple states.
- Supports the gathering, analyzing, and prioritizing financial deliverables to facilitate review and analysis for the department and senior management
- Prepares complex financial reports and schedules as well as executive summaries
- Assists with preparation of RBC forecasts as requested
- Supports in drafting responses to external Auditors and Regulators with regard to their requests, including DOI audits
- Assist in researching new and existing SEC reporting/STAT requirements
- Drive best in class internal control environment and ensure data integrity of the financial statements
- Manages the compilation of Schedule P and related data and schedules for management reporting and financial statement disclosures
- Supports claims processing and loss transactions from TPAs
- Prepares account reconciliations related to claim and reserve transactions
- Manages claim related data for actuarial team.
- Supports special project requests relating to Financial Reporting and Analysis that require skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards and financial reporting including SEC reporting requirements and Statutory accounting basis requirements
What we are looking for:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in Statutory Accounting Principles and NAIC insurance filings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Solid understanding of Statutory accounting principles and GAAP financial reporting concepts
- Ability to perform technical accounting research (SAP & GAAP), document, and implement
- Ability and desire to dig into the details of a new transactions and regulation
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent written/verbal communications and listening skills
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and meet project deadlines and work within a fast-paced, project-driven and team environment – Ability to multi-task regularly
- Proficient knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Knowledge of statutory reporting software
We love people who want to:
Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
· Full Suite of Medical Benefits
· Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
· 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
· Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
· Hybrid Work Environment
· Work From Home Stipend
· Professional Development Assistance
· Headspace Paid Subscription
· Career Exploration Opportunities
· Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
· To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please