We are Hiring! Primary Casualty Sr. Underwriter
Location: Remote Opportunity
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team. Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Go to plmr.com to learn more.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Underwriter for our primary casualty lines. Successful candidates must be able to produce and manage a profitable book of business through the development of relationships with brokers and customers. You will use our proprietary software to help you achieve results and share your industry expertise with other underwriters on your team.
What will you do:
- Select, price, quote and review new & renewal business in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgment.
- Independently work with assigned distribution channel to appropriately select risks, evaluate and recommend program structure, services and pricing to achieve a balanced portfolio and long-term profitability.
- Establishes and maintains strong business relationships to develop new opportunities as well as visits brokers/ producers to retain existing accounts in support of the producer and territory management plan.
- Be well versed in underwriting General Liability, Business Auto and Excess Liability for contractors and real estate risks.
- Independently reviews underwriting information to assess risk quality and compliance within company guidelines.
- Evaluates reinsurance requirements and implements appropriate action.
- Leads the development and coaching of underwriting team, shares knowledge of industry-specific specialty with underwriters of all levels and is seen as a technical underwriting resource.
- Communicates and collaborates across disciplines to establish and maintain relationships to achieve organizational and policyholder success.
- Actively continues to improve personal knowledge and practices of the insurance industry through work experience, in-house instruction, insurance-specific designations (e.g. CPCU), industry courses, home office seminars and workshops, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of current underwriting insurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems.
- Able to quickly establish and build healthy working relationships, exceeds in mentoring relationships.
- Drives for results and takes initiative to help support the team.
- Ability to quickly learn and work in various technical platforms.
- CPCU or professional insurance designation strongly preferred.
- Professional, analytical, and adaptable attitude.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines.
- A candidate that resides in the western half of the United States, and be able/willing to travel within the region.
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress.
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return:
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar:
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for. We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $90,000 – $150,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #SrUnderwriter