We are Hiring!
Sr. Sales and Marketing Analyst
Location: La Jolla, CA / Hybrid
Why choose Palomar:
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team. Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Go to plmr.com
The Sr. Sales and Marketing Analyst will report to the EVP, Corporate and Business Development. This role will support the Business Development team’s focus on identifying and engaging production partners with the goal of stimulating continued revenue growth. The Analyst will assist the team with research, analysis, marketing strategy and operational support. The Analyst will promote efficient and effective processes though a clear understanding of the systems available to the group. The Analyst will assist the Business Development team in the support of key strategic partners and the identification, acquisition and onboarding of distribution partners for Palomar’s insurance products.
What will you do:
- Identify opportunities where data and business insights can improve sales and marketing decisions, operations, processes, and results.
- Foster a strong understanding of the business strategy, goals, and operations to anticipate business needs and guides business users in formulating business requirements.
- Utilize data tools to build ETL mappings, queries, reports, and dashboards for critical business needs.
- Develop data sets from multiple data sources spread across multiple systems.
- Work with Sales and Marketing, and the Business Development team to inform and develop marketing strategies.
- Manage all data within HubSpot related to existing and prospective producer information.
- Analyze Business Development activity to develop insights that can be used to improve processes and results.
- Integrate and reconcile HubSpot data with data from the Company’s internally developed policy administration system.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and KPI reports for weekly, monthly and quarterly use.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities for growth and improved efficiency through changes to Sales & Marketing strategy or adoption of new technology tools.
- Contribute to the development, monitoring and evaluation of sales plans, objectives, and performance.
- Provide operational support on new and existing strategic partnerships.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with CRM programs (HubSpot required); experience with MS Office, Power BI, SQL, Web Analytics software (Google Analytics) or Tableau
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a data driven role (including internships)
- Analytical, data oriented and driven individual with demonstrated experience in gathering and analyzing data to create actionable insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry is a plus
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return:
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar:
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please.
Pay Range: $75,000 – $115,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
CPPA Job Applicant Notice: https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf