We are Hiring!
Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Minnesota or San Diego-Based Role (Hybrid)
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team. Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Click here.
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will serve as a liaison between end-users and product consultants. You will work with internal teams to understand the structure, policies, and operation of the business. In this role, you will work closely with teams to analyze, define, model, and document product requirements to be communicated to development teams.
Managing Products through their lifecycle, working closely with the stakeholders to elicit prioritize, and document business rules, and functional and non-functional requirements and working with the scrum team to deliver quality products and features.
What will you do?:
· Conduct requirements sessions and planning for the technology platform.
· Manage data products through their lifecycle, working closely with stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, and document business rules, functional and non-functional requirements and working with the scrum team to deliver quality products and features.
· Learn Palomar’s internal and external applications and understand how all data elements of the software ecosystem work together, to be able to develop changes that fit with the various business teams needs and objectives.
· Act as the central Data Delivery repository manager and Lead Data Analyst and coordinate technical aspects with software developers, ensure data reporting challenges are overcome by using project management principles to creativity build new reporting tools and processes.
· Act as a liaison between Program/Project Managers, Underwriting, Marketing, Accounting, and Operations teams where appropriate.
· Collaborate with stakeholders, SMEs, and developers through various techniques to ensure implementations and designs meet data specifications.
· Conduct and facilitate effective project meetings including requirements elicitation, bug triage, and story refinement.
· Participate and support the scrum team successfully, through demonstrating intermediate-level knowledge of the systems and products.
· Manages a healthy backlog with quality user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and supporting documentation for development teams.
· Decompose high-level concepts and information into detailed, workable epics and user stories.
· Display confidence working with stakeholders to define the product vision and roadmap.
· Provide updates to stakeholders related to requirements, sprint summary, and roadmap status.
· Provide clarification concerning business rules, and functional and non-functional requirements throughout the project.
· Work with QA to define testing strategy and identify use cases, including facilitating the monitoring and approval of QA test cases.
· Coordinate with operations to facilitate UAT.
· Coordinate release activities which include preparing the change management process, release notes, end user guides and smoke testing strategies.
· Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail at all times; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, or other relevant field
· 4-6+ years of relevant professional experience including previous working experience as a Business Analyst
· 3+ years of focused Data warehouse / Reporting projects preferred
· Insurance or Financial Services experience preferred
· 3+ years of experience in Agile and Scrum principles, CSPO/PSPO or CSM/PSM certification a plus
· Strong problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
· Understanding of software design concepts and techniques
· Outstanding written/verbal communication, presentation, and leadership skills
· Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
· Continuous learning mindset, seek new opportunities to grow skills and share knowledge
· Excellent time management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities
· Proven ability to deliver quality results in a rigorous and dynamic business environment.
· Intermediate level skill in MS Office, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, queries) preferred
· Ability to think creatively and outside the box; generate recommendations for improving work and processes; develop innovative approaches and present ideas to others
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrates diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits?
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!?
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions?
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment?
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance??
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #BusinessAnalyst
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation, please
Pay Range: $85,000 – $130,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.