We are Hiring! Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Edina, MN
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who will partner with our Lead QA Automation Architect in developing and maintaining our suite of automated tests. The SDET will also be working collaboratively with the BA(s), Development and Business Teams in developing test applications across the corporation’s products. The Engineer will also be responsible for helping to implement quality assurance practices for our automation, working with business analysts, software development teams and manual QA team to coordinate testing efforts, prepare test plans, and help develop best practices that will support an existing agile development methodology.
What will you do:
- Partner with our Lead QA Automation Architect in developing and maintaining our automated tests suite
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
- Interact with Business SMEs, BA, Development and QA Teams as required.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance processes and procedures
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands
- Serve as a subject matter expert for QA Automation regarding Platforms, Development and Processes
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail always; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Translates complex business requirements into functional test automation and implements those plans as designed
What we are looking for:
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant experience of 3-5 years.
- Strong test case development experience
- Strong experience with Selenium WebDriver and other testing platforms to create automation scripts and develop and manage a portfolio of test cases.
- Experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional, regression
- Working knowledge of Java
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Restful Services/APIs and Testing
- Experience testing Pega, Salesforce or other types of BPM applications a plus
- Experience with Performance testing and test tools a plus
- Insurance or Financial Services experience a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a rigorous and dynamic business environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Zoom in and out between strategic and tactical
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return:
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them.
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $90,000-$135,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.