Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers.?Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
As the Reinsurance Analyst, you will be working closely with the SVP, Reinsurance, Chief Risk Officer, and other executive officers to assist in the strategy and execution of the risk transfer strategy across the totality of the organization with responsibilities covering all outwards business including traditional reinsurance and ILS/ Cat Bonds. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the firm’s data and reporting capabilities related to reinsurance, collaborating with other departments within the context of the broader data strategy initiative.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the SVP, Reinsurance, and Chief Risk Officer in the ongoing development of the risk transfer strategy and the execution of an innovative reinsurance program to manage risk transfer for individual lines of business and across the portfolio (Risk transfer consists of Catastrophe Occurrence and Aggregate protection, Per Risk and Quota Share placements and the sourcing capacity from both traditional and ILS markets)
- Assist in the execution of incoming reinsurance initiatives including earthquake partnerships, soft retro, and assumed reinsurance strategy
- Work closely with the finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate implementation of reinsurance agreement terms and conditions, reporting requirements, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of presentation materials related to reinsurance, regulatory, and public company matters
- Help build the Company’s knowledge base with respect to current and historical reinsurance activities, including deepening the broader organizations understanding and awareness of key reinsurance initiatives
- Collaboration with the E&S Program division regarding product evaluation and development and program-specific reinsurance placements
- Monitor KPI’s in conjunction with Analytics in order to drive portfolio optimization, evaluate products and steer the strategic direction in collaboration with Exec Team including President, CRO, and CUO
- Analyze, prepare, and evaluate reinsurance contracts, including interpretation of key Articles and definitions
- Manage interaction and communication with reinsurance counterparties and brokers
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Risk Management, or a related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience in the (re)insurance industry preferred
- Progress towards an ARe, CPCU, or related designation a plus
- Excellent financial and organizational systems acumen
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage various project requirements/deadlines
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic.
- Be hands-on with the team and roll up one’s sleeves
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits?
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!?
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions?
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment?
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance??
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for. We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #Reinsurance
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please