We are Hiring! Program Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN, La Jolla, CA, or Remote
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are seeking a Program Manager with proven experience supporting complex projects and initiatives. As a program manager, you will be responsible for the successful completion of approved and prioritized project work that spans cross-functionally across the organization. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of learning a business quickly, establishing strong partnerships with key stakeholders, and having successful project outcomes involving initiatives/projects. This role will report to the Director, Portfolio Management.
What you will do:
- Development and day to day management of project plans and deliverables, revising as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirement.
- Ensure that compliance and quality standards are met, resources identified and negotiated, and project risk and mitigation plans are actively managed.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to the project which may involve changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
- Effectively facilitates and holds regular status meetings with the project and business teams.
- Contribute to the development of process standards to increase quality, improve automation & process efficiencies, and reduce ongoing effort.
- Coordinate and contribute to documentation and tools that are needed to support business unit teams, including a standard project plan, meeting agendas and project status reporting tools.
- Resolves and escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Motivates the project team to work together in the most efficient manner.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience, insurance industry preferred.
- Certified Project Management qualification preferred, but not required.
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology including Gantt Charts, MS Project, Power Point, SharePoint, One Pager, Power BI, integrated portfolio management, PPM platforms.
- Knowledge of Project Management Professional (PMP) applications preferred.
- Demonstrated success in, and knowledge of complex enterprise projects/initiatives.
- Complex problem-solving abilities with focus on accomplishing company goals and objectives in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective concise communication in formal and informal settings with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office)
- Ability to Travel – 10-20%
- If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you will enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits?
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!?
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions?
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment?
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance??
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf