Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Manager, IT Support
Primary Location: La Jolla, CA,
Schedule: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are seeking a Manager, IT Support who will provide leadership over Palomar’s IT Help Desk and application support teams. This position will work collaboratively with the business to ensure applications are accessible and responsive, and responsible for managing all operational aspects of the Service Desk. The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with the ability to motivate the team to achieve the department goals are essential to be successful in this fast-paced environment. Other responsibilities include ensuring incidents and outages are well managed, provide guidance to team members, ensure systems are maintained and updated as appropriate, support and enforce IT Information Security Policies and procedures and compiling and reporting overall platform SLA metrics for all IT application services.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of the team and develop weekly and monthly production reports to highlight team productivity.
- Builds an effective team and drives for results through coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Provides support resolution via ticketing system, email, phone and other electronic medium.
- Provide level 1 and 2 support for all application and desktop support requests sent to the Service Desk.
- Prioritization and ownership of customer requests to meet and exceed service level agreements, prioritizing as needed and escalating appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software and technical issues and show creativity with resolutions.
- Create and administer quality and productivity standards and metrics, ensuring targets are met for all key processes and ensuring the processes are effective and efficient.
- Isolate, replicate, and report production defects to the development teams.
- Manage and maintain an internal solution knowledge base.
- Partner with cross-functional work teams and key stakeholders such as Business SMEs, BA and Development Teams to work towards accomplishing projects and tasks.
- Provide training to clients in the use of PASS system.
- Identify and address gaps between employees’ current capabilities and what is needed for alignment with strategic direction.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures pertaining to all business applications.
- Serve as an escalation point for Support Analysts.
- Available to be part of an on-call rotation.
Education Requirements/Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years in supervisory or Lead role.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Deploying, maintaining, and operating applications deployed in cloud instances.
- Network configuration and system administration.
- Security management of Cloud Services. This includes ensuring access control policies are followed, supporting audit activities, and ensuring compliance to required industry regulations.
- Experience supporting large web-based products, troubleshooting end-user interfaces on cross-platform browsers and devices.
- Operating and administrating software as a service platforms.
- Working knowledge of Azure AD with O365.
- Working knowledge of SQL server.
- Demonstrated a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to resolve complex support issues, through research, testing and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Experience in the Finance or Insurance industries is a plus.
- Strong customer service background including interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others.
- Experience working on both smaller agile teams as well as large scale, multi -team/enterprise level projects.
- ITIL Experience / Awareness.
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and business models.
- Proven experience as a successful application or Service Desk leader.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long-term planning.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
Compensation and Benefits:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, Paid Parking and more.
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
Palomar is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all qualified individuals, regardless of race (including traits associated with race), color, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information or characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.