Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Lead Systems Architect
Primary Location: La Jolla, CA, Mission Viejo, CA, Minneapolis, MN, or Remote
Schedule: Full Time
We are seeking a Lead System Architect who will take ownership of the Architecting of our Pega Platform as well as having a Leadership Role in the Development Team. While also working collaboratively with the QA, BA and Business Teams in developing Applications across the corporations LOBs. As part of the Leadership Role within the Development team they will also Lead the Consulting/ Offshore Development Teams as well.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Design & Technical leadership of Pega PRPC program / application) / solution (7.x) – including designing of enterprise class structure, data and application framework model. Participate in functionality testing, regression and UAT testing
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects and work with the Business and R&D teams to prioritize deliverables and negotiate product functionalities
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
- Engage with the business to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing systems
- Ensure best possible designs (performance, scalability) of Pega PRPC applications/ solution compliant with Pega PRPC best practices, coding standards, guardrails, UI standards and Palomar’s standards.
- Interacting with Business SMEs, BA and QA Teams as required.
- Perform code & alert logs reviews to ensure application quality
- Ensure Pega PRPC application/ solution is scalable & robust
- Independently architect the technical solution and lead the technical team during development & customization phases/ activities.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail always; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Translates complex business requirement into functional technical requirements and implements those requirements as designed
Education Requirements/Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of Pega PRPC version 7.X platform experience required
- Insurance or Financial Services experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
- Experience working with Agile and SCRUM development methodologies
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills
- Pega Lead Systems Architect Certification
- Pega UX experience is a plus
- Pega 8 upgrade on cloud platform is a plus
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a rigorous and dynamic business environment
- Experience in various rules and features like: Flows, Activities, User Interface, Flow Actions, Agents, SLA, Correspondence, Single-Sign-On, External Authentication, PRPC Security, Dashboards/Reports, Decision Trees & Tables Listeners, Connectors, REST Services etc.
- Experience in full PRPC implementation cycle including enterprise Class Structure design and Rulesets, Branching design
- Perform code reviews and ensure compliance with application quality, coding, UI and Corporate standards, including review alert logs, running pre-flight and PAL.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
Compensation and Benefits:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, Paid Parking and more.
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
Palomar is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all qualified individuals, regardless of race (including traits associated with race), color, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information or characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.