We are Hiring! Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Minnesota or San Diego Based Role (Hybrid)
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
The Details: The Junior QA Analyst is responsible for developing, writing, and executing testing against the product development life cycle.
This position is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations.
The Jr QA Analyst will work collaboratively with IT and business units to refine requirements, identify testing scope and provide quality assurance guidance to minimize risk and maximize quality across products.
What will you do?:
- Assist with requirements refinement and grooming for the product platform.
- Collaborate with BA’s, Developers, SME’s and key stakeholders to help refine requirements and promote high quality implementations where necessary.
- Develop and manage testing cycles against complex requirements, for both feature releases and base regression requirements.
- Understand and maintain SOX compliance standards through the development and release life cycle.
- Decompose high-level concepts and requirements into detailed, executable test plans. Work with BA and Dev team to identify testing strategy and scope.
- Work closely with other QA members to coordinate and execute monthly base regression as well as high priority escalations requiring QA effort.
- Gain an increasing proficiency of internal and external applications, in relation to understanding how all elements of the software ecosystem work together. These areas include, API’s, batch processing, ETL processes, accounting practices.
- Act as liaison between Customer Support team and developers and BA’s where appropriate to help support production issues and resolution.
- Participate in scrum activities to support scrum team and promote an effective Agile methodology to application development.
- Assist with UAT preparation and demos periodically as required.
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail at all times; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant field
- No prior experience required, as this is an entry level position
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communication
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of software design concepts and techniques
- Proficient ability to operate effectively in a hybrid remote environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges
- Collaborate and celebrates diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and are pragmatic to finding solutions to complex problems
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits?
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!?
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions?
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment?
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance??
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: