We are Hiring! Jr. Business Analyst
Location: Minnesota or San Diego Based Role (Hybrid)
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
The Details: Gathering Requirements: The Junior Business Analyst is responsible for requirements gathering and planning for the product development lifecycle to deliver products.
Managing Products through their lifecycle, working closely with the stakeholders to prioritize, gather, and document business requirements and working with the scrum team to deliver quality products and features.
What will you do?:
- Conduct basic requirements gathering and planning for the technology platform.
- Learn how to manage data products through their lifecycle, working closely stakeholders to prioritize, gather, and document business requirements and working with the scrum team to deliver quality products and features.
- Has a basic understanding of internal and external applications, in relation to understanding how all elements of the software ecosystem work together, to be able to develop changes that fit with the various business teams needs and objectives.
- Act as liaison between Program Managers, Project Managers, Underwriting, Marketing, Accounting, and Operations teams where appropriate.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, SMEs, and developers through various formats to ensure implementations and designs meet usability specifications.
- Learns how to conduct and facilitates effective project meetings including requirements gathering, bug triage, and story refinement.
- Participates and supports the scrum team successfully, through demonstrating basic level knowledge of the systems and products.
- Gather and document basic level quality user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and supporting documentation.
- Decompose high-level concepts and information into detailed, workable epics and user stories.
- Displays UX and High-Level UI design skills to present concepts back to business and R&D teams.
- Learn how to work with stakeholders to define the product vision and roadmap.
- Provides basic level backlog management and sprint planning.
- Provide presentations to stakeholders regarding requirements, sprint summary, and roadmap status.
- Provide clarification concerning business requirements throughout the project.
- Work with QA to define testing strategy and identify use cases, including facilitating the monitoring and approval of QA test cases.
- Coordinate with operations to conduct UAT.
- Coordinate release activities which include preparing the change management process, release notes, end user guides and smoke testing strategies.
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail at all times; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, or other relevant field
- No prior experience required, as this is an entry level position
- Strong problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of software design concepts and techniques
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a rigorous and dynamic business environment.
- Basic level skill in MS Office, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, queries) preferred
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrates diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: