We are Hiring!
Location: La Jolla, CA
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
The Details: Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Corporate and Business Development, the Investment Manager will support investment and treasury activities including the development and implementation of investment strategy for Palomar’s $500+ million investment portfolio. The position will be responsible for overseeing the investment portfolio in conjunction with third-party asset managers, sourcing and managing new potential relationships with specialist asset managers and optimizing the management of Palomar’s cash and cash equivalents.
What will you do?
- Oversee fixed income investment portfolios including in-house cash/investments and external portfolios with investment managers
- Develop, review, evaluate and recommend investment strategies to optimize yield within a focus on capital preservation and liquidity
- Contribute to the ongoing integration of ESG considerations into Palomar’s investment strategy
- Develop, review, evaluate and recommend optimal cash investment and cash pooling strategies
- Execute Investment Policy updates in support of business objectives and growth
- Manage relationships with global custodian, accounting and compliance platform and investment managers
- Perform and maintain regular reports and metrics with respect to investment portfolio and investment landscape
- Ensure SOX and policy compliance with respect to investment portfolio
- Assist with investment related SEC reporting and disclosures
- Perform backup to global treasury operations and other treasury activities as needed
- “Roll up sleeves” to perform Treasury work and special projects as required
- Assess and monitor investment manager performance and lead new manager search as needed
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business-related field.
- 5+ years of fixed income investment management experience
- Strong understanding of fixed income investment strategies and various security types including corporates, structured credits, municipal, equities including preferred equities, alternatives, etc.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience establishing and fostering relationships with external parties
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for. We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup#InvestmentManager
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf