We are Hiring! Director, Quality Assurance
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers.?Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director, Quality Assurance to join our team. As the Director of Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products and services meet the highest standards of quality and reliability. You will be responsible for managing both our Manual QA and Automation teams along with overseeing the QA strategy by implementing and streamlining quality control processes and procedures.
What will you do:
- Manage all QA staff on all parts of software engineering activities and projects, making sure that QA processes, procedures, and initiatives are in conformance with the established objectives
- Leads implementation, control, and distribution of all Quality Assurance programs, practices, standards, methodologies, metrics and KPIs.
- Lead a team of manual and automation professionals and provide guidance, mentorship, and support as needed.
- Conduct regular quality assurance audits to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for process enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that quality standards are met throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain quality metrics and reports to track progress and identify trends.
- Collaborate with software engineers to design and implement manual and automated test frameworks for web applications, APIs, and microservices.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of test scripts and test suites using Java technology.
- Develop automated test scripts, execute comprehensive test suites, and diligently identify, document, and report any discovered defects
- Work closely with development/QA teams to analyze and resolve complex technical issues and contribute to improving software design and quality.
- Monitor and analyze test automated results, identify trends, and report on quality metrics to support data-driven decision-making.
- Continuously research and stay updated on industry best practices, tools, and emerging technologies related to software testing and quality assurance.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science).
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in quality assurance and automation testing, with at least 7 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of manual QA and automation principles and practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing quality control processes and procedures for web applications
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Effective communication and interpersonal skills. – Ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments.
- Strong hands-on experience with Java programming and related technologies.
- Solid understanding of software testing principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and tools, such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, or similar.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Challenge the status quo as a change leader by bring teams together, focusing on shared goals
- Knowledge of additional programming languages, such as Python or Ruby (Preferred).
- Familiarity with source code management and versioning systems (e.g., GitHub, Jira) (preferred).
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and related testing tools (preferred).
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Zoom in and out between strategic and tactical
- Demonstrable record of accomplishment working autonomously and driving progress
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance?
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them.
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $145k-$220k
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package.