We are Hiring! Director, Portfolio Management
Location: Minneapolis, MN, La Jolla, CA, or Remote
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are seeking a Director, Portfolio Management with proven experience leading highly complex and strategic transformation initiatives, supporting, and working closely with senior and C-level suite executives. This role is responsible for leading a project team from business case definition through successful implementation. The ideal candidate has experience partnering closely with both IT and Department business leaders to manage resource allocations and ensure the project teams are meeting expectations and delivering on business goals. This position will also assume a leadership role over time, leading both junior and senior level project and program managers. This position will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
What you will do:
- Serve as a thought partner with key business stakeholders to determine initiative feasibility, proposed timelines, desired communications, business impact, resource requirements, and to coordinate the implementation of the approved initiative
- Provide oversight of initiatives and clear communication of the overall health and status and conduct risk assessments and execute needed mitigations while exercising financial acumen through creation and management of project/program budgets
- Define and structure initiatives to align with business objectives and strategy and developing and tracking measurable outcomes
- Provide consolidated enterprise-wide project status reporting and communications to the executive steering committee
- Provide oversight for multiple projects and workstreams, monitor for efficiency and effectiveness, assessment and management of risk, and provision of proactive problem-solving solutions
- Lead and develop a team by setting clear goals and objectives, coaching, and supporting them with career development
- Work with project managers to develop detailed project plans from start to end incorporating key milestones, resource planning, potential bottlenecks, and contingency plans
- Facilitate between cross functional teams to ensure stakeholders are in sync with set objectives
- Align and adjust project plans to business strategy goals by tracking performance of each stage
- Identify and implement change processes when needed
- Analyze areas of project improvement and regularly update stakeholders
- Simplify team communication and collaboration, ensuring cross functional teams are on the same page and any important issues and conflicts are resolved.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to work across departments and influence to facilitate execution of key projects, deliverables and initiatives.
- Distribute frequent communication for progress and status including milestones, risks/issues, dependencies, and costs
- Review and drive documentation of current state processes and provide insight into recommendations and opportunities for process improvements
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years technical project management experience, insurance industry preferred.
- Certified Project Management qualification preferred.
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology including Gantt Charts, MS Project, Power Point, SharePoint, One Pager, Power BI, integrated portfolio management, PPM platforms.
- Experience in establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting status and progress.
- Knowledge of Project Management Professional (PMP) applications preferred.
- Complex problem-solving abilities with focus on accomplishing company goals and objectives in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective concise communication in formal and informal settings with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office)
- Ability to Travel – 20%
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you will enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits?
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!?
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions?
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment?
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance??
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #DirectorPortfolioManagement
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf