We are Hiring! Desktop Support Technician
Location: Edina, MN
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Click here.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Technician for our Edina, Minnesota office to support and maintain computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This person will offer support and technical assistance to internal users regarding software usage, setting up and maintaining hardware, answering technical questions, and software system problems. This assistance will be in person, through chat, phone, remote control, or a Helpdesk ticket to resolve the issues promptly and accurately. We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of being a self-starter, and has strong customer service skills and able to lead various projects.
What will you do:
- Respond and provide excellent customer service to internal users requests through phone, chat, email, tickets
- Responsible for overseeing the ticket activity within the customer support system, taking a leadership role when it comes to escalations
- Track and proactively manage support issues, prioritizing customer issues.
- Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT Service Desk application
- Lead customer meetings about support issues and will be proactive in communication, whether it’s dealing with system down or critical issues, multiple or complex issues.?
- Conduct remote or in person troubleshooting of issues
- Customize desktops and applications to meet user needs
- Help create technical documents and manuals
- Configure and install new IT equipment within the desktop environment
- Support vulnerability and patch management on endpoints
- Evaluate applications and software patches to improve productivity and maintain security of the desktops
What we are looking for:
- Requires a Associates in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience of 5 years
- At least 2 years of experience in a desktop support or helpdesk role
- Experience with Microsoft Intune end point management tools preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Outstanding customer service skills with the highest degree of integrity
- Strong O365/ exchange email skills
- Understanding of IT Service Desk ticketing systems
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 features, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Okta SSO and verification tools
- Basic understanding of tablets, mobile phones and associated OS
- High attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and business models
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Work as a member of a small highly motivated team or as an individual resource
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical skills
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance?
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup #DesktopSupportTechnician
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $90,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.