We are Hiring! Data Pipeline Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN, La Jolla, CA
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team. Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Click here to learn more.
Palomar is seeking a Data Pipeline Engineer who will report to the Manager, IT Services. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with big data technologies, systems design, and algorithms. This role will be part of a cross-functional team helping to build and execute Palomar’s data analytics strategy.
What will you do:
- Develop EL/ELT/ETL pipelines to make data available in Microsoft Azure Synapse from disparate batch, streaming data sources for the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams
- Support full software development life cycle by building data pipelines and tools that provide rapid feedback to development teams
- Build efficient, robust, and secure infrastructure enabling responsive, transparent, and collaborative product development and testing
- Uses programming skills in Python, SQL, or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems
- Build and support PowerBi Reports for various business departments.
- Become an expert in our data models.
What we are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant experience
- 5 plus years of professional experience as a Data Pipeline Engineer – The insurance industry is a plus!
- Experience thriving in cross-functional environments
- Expertise in understanding of different types of database and data store technologies
- Expert in Python/SQL/Spark/AWS
- Demonstrated a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and documentation skills – Quick and self-motivated learner
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more, visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them.
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #DataPipelineEngineer
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation, please
Pay Range: $120,000 -$185,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.