Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Data Analytics Engineer
Primary Location: La Jolla, CA, Minneapolis, MN
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: We are seeking an Data Analytics Engineer who will report to the Chief Information & Security Officer. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with 5 -10 years’ experience working as a Data Administrator within the Microsoft platforms. The ideal candidate has proven experience working collaboratively with development teams to administer and maintain production solutions. This role will also be responsible for monitoring and resolving data transformation jobs within the production environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage ETL programs to facilitate the receipt of data from various data sources, loading of data into destination tables within the overall data architecture framework, designing end-to-end solutions for file creation and distribution, supporting ETL production processes and operations. Includes sophisticated SSIS, ETL jobs, schedules, and mitigate operational ETL risks/issues.
- Ensure integrity, high availability, and optimum performance of Production database systems by providing technical support and maintenance. Troubleshooting critical issues, implementing new ideas and solutions.
- Continuously perform troubleshooting and maintenance, monitor, and improve global databases and system performance.
- Oversee database backup strategy and recovery procedures.
- Install periodic software patches and new product releases.
- Implement and oversee database security strategy and best practices.
- Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system
- Handle Database deployments, Infrastructure changes and modifications in conjunction with our change process.
- Assist Developers with Database requirements, recommendations & design reviews.
- Monitor and maintain Data Engineering Solutions and ETL Processes with the Azure stack including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Server, Databricks, etc.
- Prepare documentation for purposes of learning and onboarding, as well as for releases of code to production.
- Collaborate and consult with users and stakeholders to gather solution requirements.
- Adapt to new technical innovations and business processes.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, analytical teams, business sponsors, Enterprise Architecture, to bring products to production.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant experience
- 5-10 years professional experience as a Data Administrator
- Demonstrated a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: SSIS, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, and IT production support.
- Strong understanding of cloud data topologies (i.e., data lake)
- Proven self-directed, motivated contributor with a strong initiative and ability to function autonomously, establish priorities and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Experience implementing production Azure analytics platforms.
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and business models
Compensation and Benefits:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, Paid Parking and more.
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
Palomar is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all qualified individuals, regardless of race (including traits associated with race), color, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information or characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Disclaimer: This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.