Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Primary Location: La Jolla
Schedule: Temporary to Hire
The Customer Support Representative is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction and retention by responding to customer needs with accurate, consistent, timely, and meaningful information. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys being on the phone with customers, excels at resolving matters quickly, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position also helps manage and distribute incoming accounting mail and lockbox deposit processing.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
· Answer & resolve incoming calls and voice mail from customers
· Processes incoming mail, scans and distributes as necessary.
· Processes and deposits incoming checks.
· Interfaces with internal staff to resolve customer needs.
· Other duties as assigned or requested (accounting related requests)
Education Requirements/Professional Experience and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· A minimum of 2 years doing similar responsibilities
· Must be available to work onsite Monday – Friday
· Attention to detail, producing accurate and high-quality work
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high demand work environment
· Strong written, verbal, communication skills
· Must be able to manipulate and create Excel spreadsheets; including standardizing reports, utilizing filtering and formulas to generate desired results (Intermediate to Advanced level Microsoft Excel 2007+ skills)
· Experience analyzing records and remittance payments received
· Ability to comply with operating policies, procedures and rules is essential
· Must be able to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential information
· Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability to work overtime as required
· Must maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, clients, and customers
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, Paid Parking and more.
Disclaimer: This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.