Corporate Development Analyst
Location: La Jolla, CA
Why choose Palomar:
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Go to plmr.com
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Analyst will join a fast-paced team focused on executing strategic M&A, managing and investing the company’s capital and driving inorganic growth initiatives The individual will support day-to-day activities, including M&A evaluation and execution, market intelligence, financial modeling and analysis, investor relations and business development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work independently within a lean team and fast-paced environment.
What will you do?
- Support M&A activities to include deal sourcing, due diligence, execution and integration
- Perform company and market research and analysis
- Develop reports and presentations in support of strategic, business development and investor relations initiatives
- Conduct financial analysis including valuation models and market forecast models
- Synthesize data and develop recommendations to enable decision making
- Use available software tools and databases (e.g., corporate, financial, regulatory) to craft creative solutions in support of proactive Corporate Development efforts.
- Partner with internal business units to understand operations, performance, strategy, market dynamics and business needs
- Assist in monitoring the competitive landscape to help source acquisition opportunities
- Prepare a variety of detailed financial analyses, including P&L models and forecasts, valuation, accretion/dilution analysis, etc.
- Support preparation and delivery of presentation materials for senior management
- Develop ad-hoc analyses and support other corporate initiatives as needed
What we are looking for:
- 1 year of professional experience plus internships in a finance, accounting, strategic or consulting-related role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, data oriented and driven individual with demonstrated experience in gathering and analyzing data to create actionable insights
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Work From Home [ED1] Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $75,000 – $115,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.