We are Hiring! Cloud Automation Administrator
Location: La Jolla or Edina, MN
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are seeking a Cloud Automation Administrator to join our Cloud Services team, reporting to the IT Services Manager. This role will be responsible for various applications supporting the end-users, as well external business applications. The ideal candidate will have experience on TechOps and internal business technology teams to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of administrators that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems administrators will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
What will you do?
- Provide support for all escalated tickets and help resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 3 capacity.
- Work with DevOps teams and other supporting teams to ensure Pega Production deployments.
- Provide software delivery operations and application release management support, including coding and scripting, automated build and deployment processing, agile deployment, and process reengineering.
- Support and optimize existing Azure services, identity management, and integration with Okta for a streamlined employee experience.
- Help us achieve operational excellence by focusing on optimization and automation.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for application onboarding and integration with production solutions.
- Administer and maintain existing cloud applications and system infrastructure and evaluate and implement new solutions.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with experience in the information technology field.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud Services (Office 365, AzureAD, Azure, Intune, Okta, GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Pega or low code equivalent platform experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- SumoLogic / SEIM equivalent Experience.
- Okta, AzureAD, or equivalent IDP experience.
- AWS / Azure / GCP or other IaaS Provider.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and technique.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Go for automation or integration with APIs.
- Understanding of the ITGC area and IT governance framework.
- Experience with mission-critical services and applications at an enterprise level.
- Experience working with multi-cloud enterprises environments and understanding of advanced capabilities and service cost structures of significant providers (Azure and AWS Plus).
- Knowledge of orchestration tools to automate processes and services.
- Able to find root causes of problems, quickly determine efficient solutions, anticipate risks, and mitigate at the moment.
- Experience with Data Lake, Power Bi, Data Factory, and other database technologies a plus.
- Experience with technical writing is a plus but not required.
- Self-motivator able to take tasks or projects and run with them.
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Zoom in and out between strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress.
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: