We are Hiring! Client Relationship Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
Responsible for customer service and sales support to Palomar producers, strategic partners and insureds.
What will you do?:
- Assist new and existing Palomar partners and customers with questions on Palomar products and services
- Provide technical assistance and training to Palomar partners and customers on Palomar Automated Submission System (PASS)
- Collaborate with Operations team with on boarding activities for new agents and brokers
- Assist with all aspects of Agency Administration customer service requests including, but not limited to: endorsements, cancellations, mortgagee requests and other policy changes.
- Knowledge of, with the ability to extract, agency administration data from all sources and systems
- Ability to interact with Palomar customers at all levels
- Actively promote all Palomar products and services to agents, brokers and strategic partners
What we are looking for:
- Associates degreed preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of experience in a Customer Service role.
- Ability to handle heavy call volume
- Ability to multitask and flexibility to handle different tasks
- Insurance experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual is preferred, but not required
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Manages own work and takes responsibility for actions and decisions
- Sets clear direction by defining goals and opportunities
- Exhibits integrity and acts with sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of customers
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel and Power point
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup #customerservice
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf