We are Hiring! Business Development Representative
Location: San Diego (Hybrid) or Remote
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
Palomar is looking for highly motivated Business Development Representative to build sustained growth for our new Inside Sales department.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for engaging with existing and prospective insurance agent partners to promote Palomar’s insurance products professionally and creatively. The role involves partnering closely with other internal team members, and is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help build this team from the ground up.
What will you do?:
- Develop a strong understanding of Palomar’s products and continue learning as the product portfolio evolves.
- Establish and execute on strategies for meeting and exceeding revenue goals through outbound contact to existing and prospective insurance agent partners.
- Utilize the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Work effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale, including involvement in strategy to develop long term business relationships.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior sales experience is a plus
- Customer service centric with a sales driven mentality
- Collaborative spirit with the ability to advocate on behalf of PLMR and our customer base
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively partner with internal teams
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please