Palomar Holdings, Inc. (“Palomar”) is the ultimate parent and insurance holding company of its operating subsidiaries. Palomar is an innovative insurer and managing general agency that focuses on the provision of specialty property insurance for residential and commercial clients. Palomar’s underwriting and analytical acumen allow it to concentrate on certain markets that it believes are underserved by other insurance companies, such as the markets for earthquake, wind, and flood insurance.
Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of Team Members. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Title: AVP, Total Rewards and People Operations
Corporate Location: La Jolla, CA
The AVP, Total Rewards and People Operations will provide thought leadership and strategic direction to optimize Team Member experience, engagement, retention, as well as applicant attraction. Consults with leadership and develops a holistic rewards strategy that ensures market competitiveness and promotes performance that aligns with both short- and long-term business objectives. This position will lead the design, development, administration and continuous improvement of programs and services offered by Palomar. The position reports to the Chief People and Diversity Officer and plays a critical role within the Leadership team.
• Research, assess, design and implement compensation, equity, benefits, wellness and retirement offerings that attract, motivate and retain our team members
• Ensure alignment of compensation, benefit and wellness programs with company strategies and initiatives
• Assist with conducting an independent market review by external compensation consultants to provide information, perspective and subject matter expertise on executive compensation
• Develop and administer competitive executive compensation program recommendations which support business needs
• Responsible for overall vendor management for our total reward programs which includes RFP efforts, effective administration of health and welfare plan, leave administration and retirement plans and adherence to service level agreements
• Oversee the annual market review process of all positions, as well as the merit increase process recommending adjustments as necessary
• Responsible for oversight of the annual compensation and benefit activities such as the open enrollment, compensation planning process and processing of incentives
• Manage budget and strategically leverage the plans and programs offered in support of organizational goals
· Serve as the point person to ensure regulatory compliance and companywide upkeep of federal, state and local employment legislation
· Act as the main point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes and ensure people data integrity
· Develop, execute and provide hands on operational support and oversight of people processes
Who You Are
· You’ve worked in fast paced high growth environments
· You have experience ensuring compliance with regulatory activities including department of labor, workers compensation, unemployment etc.
· You have a proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners
· You have interest in examining data and HR metrics to improve the organization
· You understand the core principles about comp strategy and planning
· You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and agility move between different responsibilities
· You build trust and integrity using data and empathy to build relationships and problem solve
Your Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree and ten years of leadership experience or equivalent education and related experience in strategic design, implementation and administration of multiple total rewards programs
· Experience evaluating, designing, and reviewing compensation programs including base, bonus and LTI total compensation structures
· Strong knowledge and practical application of employment laws and practices
· Proven track record of improvement in HR metrics, programs processes and systems
· Ability to analyze data and identify trends, prepare and monitor budgets and program expenses, recommending changes as needed
· Demonstrated ability to enhance internal and external relationships, service, quality, operational and financial performance and to contribute to the continuous improvement of the overall culture
· Experience presenting to and collaborating with Business Leaders, HR Partners, Executive Management and Compensation Committee
· Strong consultative, influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment
· Must have a positive, participative and proactive management style
· Intelligent, intuitive, thoughtful and analytical with an open style and a readiness to accept new ideas
· Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and ethical standards that are clearly demonstrated in communications and actions
· Strong executive presence: outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Public company experience required
Total Rewards Package:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, and more.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.PLMR.com No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.