Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
We are Hiring! AVP, Programs
The Details: We are looking for a bright, well-versed insurance expert to support internal and external stakeholder relationships and work closely across all functional areas. You would join an incredibly talented and experienced operating team and be instrumental in growing our business.
What will you do?:
- In addition to the day to day coordination of activities related to internal and external functions supporting the management of program business, this position is also responsible for:
- Contributing to the onboarding of programs, including requirements gathering, ensuring programs become fully operational once contracts have been agreed to with proper documentation, and coordinating efficient data feeds from clients
- Active involvement in ongoing operational tasks and services for MGAs, TPAs and Clients that remain active and when necessary through run-off
- Ensuring that systems, processes, and controls are in place to capture required data elements outlined in Reinsurance agreements, MGA agreements, and other business partner agreements.
- Assisting with the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the processes and systems (e.g. data repositories and downstream interfaces) related to program business
- Contributing to the production of reports, both internal and external, such as monthly/quarterly/annual reports, data calls, and internal/external audits
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with external MGA’s by serving as a primary point of contact and relationship manager with accountability for, general operational duties, effective claims management, and data collection and analysis
What we are looking for:
- College degree preferred
- Post-graduate and/or industry certification designation a plus, including CPCU or CPL (Certified Programs Leader)
- Relevant industry experience in the management of operations of more than 5 years, preferably working within the program segment
- Experience in designing and evaluating controls, preferably with both surplus lines and admitted business environments
- Establish and maintain effective, trusting, and respectful relationships with customers and internal teams in a matrix environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to gather and assess client requirements, troubleshoot complex issues and develop/present practical and reasonable solutions
- Experience in managing granular and large sets of data
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills, specifically Excel
- Strong P&C industry knowledge, with a demonstrable understanding of the marketplace, the underwriting process and overall insurance company operations
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple and evolving priorities with limited direct supervision
- Effectively and efficiently present logic, reasoning, and analysis to others
- Guide oneself with little or no supervision, and depend on oneself to get things done
- The preferred location(s) are Philadelphia or San Diego. However, all qualified applicants who would like to work remotely within the U.S. will be considered for this opening.
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Zoom in and out between strategic and tactical
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #startup
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
CCPA Job Applicant: