We are Hiring!
Location: Edina, Minnesota or La Jolla, California
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team. Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Click here to learn more.
We are seeking a driven, curious, and high-energy AVP, Actuarial with a strong reserving background to join our growing Actuarial team. Successful candidates will be those who can implement creative solutions and demonstrate a thorough understanding of actuarial reserving and pricing models. The ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team is a must. This role reports directly to the SVP, Head of Actuarial, and will have a significant impact and influence on the direction of the actuarial department.
What will you do?
· Company reserve review and analysis
· Be a key business consultant to organizational leadership, executive team
· Evaluate new programs and build relationships with third parties
· Work with the SVP, Head of Actuarial in building out our Actuarial team
· Be a key strategic thinker in the development of operational claims database
· Monitor trends and rates of existing business
· Build out core actuarial services and consulting capabilities
· Reinsurance Analytical Support
· Potential to manage team members
What we are looking for:
· FCAS or high-functioning ACAS willing to pursue FCAS
· Eight or more years of experience in an actuarial role
· Experience leading a team on projects with tight deadlines
· Ability to summarize technical details in a digestible format
· Successful in identifying key drivers in quarterly loss results
· Possesses curiosity and ability to implement creative solutions
· Patience and willingness to work with actuarial students to grow our in-house talent
· Capable of managing multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
· Expert at managing time and resources
· High-level communicator
We love people who want to:
· Zoom in and out between strategic and tactical
· Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
· Be hands-on with their team and roll up their sleeves
· Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
· Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
· Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
· Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
· Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
· Full Suite of Medical Benefits
· Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
· 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
· Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
· Hybrid Work Environment
· Work From Home Stipend
· Professional Development Assistance
· Headspace Paid Subscription
· Career Exploration Opportunities
· Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
· To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for. We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #Actuary
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $145,000-$215,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above