We are Hiring!
Location: Edina, MN
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes self-motivated individuals to our thriving company. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Go to plmr.com to learn more. https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
Palomar is seeking an Application Support Specialist to provide in-house support for our cloud business applications, producer portal and policy issuance system as part of Palomar Specialty’s Technical Operations Group. This role requires a highly responsive, productive, customer service driven professional. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and training to the business. The Application Support role works collaboratively with IT and business units to troubleshoot and resolve, execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
What will you do?:
- Provide support resolution via ticketing system, email, phone and other electronic medium.
- Provide level 1 and 2 support and troubleshooting for all assigned software applications
- Take ownership of customer requests by meeting or exceeding all service level agreements, prioritizing as needed and escalating appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software issues
- Isolate, replicate, and report production defects to the development teams
- Working with Business areas, Development Teams, and business analysts.
- Initiative readily; Undertakes self-development increased ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Provide training to clients in the use of assigned software applications
- Maintain an internal solution knowledge base and documentation.
- Creative solving of technical problems
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of technical support, or related customer-facing role
- Solid troubleshooting skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to learn new software systems, policies and hosting platforms
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience of 3 years
- Experience in supporting large web-based products, troubleshooting end-user interfaces on cross-platform browsers and devices
- Experience in finance or insurance industry a plus
- Knowledge of Pega or other types of BPM applications a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems, Jira and Service Desk or similar are a plus
- Working knowledge of Azure or AWS platforms
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong and demonstrable customer service background including interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others.
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance?
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability (both visible and invisible) can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $60,000 – $90,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring