Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
Summer Internship Program Description:
Provides Actuarial College Students with a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience with exploring a career in the Property & Casualty insurance industry. Summer Interns will receive training on insurance and actuarial concepts, then apply these concepts on meaningful projects. Throughout the summer, Interns will learn how the Actuarial team interacts with other departments and contributes to the success of the company. The program runs from May through September with flexibility on start dates and number of hours worked.
Primary Location: Edina, Minnesota
Actuary Program Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- In junior or senior year, or a recent college graduate, working towards a Bachelor’s degree with an accredited college or university (preferred majors in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Economics, or Finance)
- Minimum of 12 weeks availability to join the program.
- Have a passion to grow in a specific department.
- Have maintained an exceptional grade point average in college.
- Hybrid Work Environment – Ability to work in the office and from your home.
- Preference of having passed at least 1 actuarial exam.
- Assessing the adequacy of the company’s loss reserves
- Projecting profitability generated by the company’s products
- Quantifying the company’s risk exposure and proposing ways to minimize risk
- Performing actuarial/market research and statistical analyses
- Creation of tools and/or reports
What to expect day to day:
- Collaboration with fellow Palomar Interns and Team Members
- Hands on experience within the department
- Leadership guidance and career growth
- Palomar is a Hybrid work environment which means we will support a blended approach of working remotely and coming into the office on a regular agreed upon cadence. We would like to see you in the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
Between the 8–10-week mark, all summer interns will present an overview of their Internship Project(s). The final presentation is an opportunity for interns to share their internship experience with fellow interns and Palomar team members. It also provides a way to assess the overall internship program and enhance it for the future. Additional information will be shared during orientation.
The Recruitment Process
- Interested applicants and referrals should apply at plmr.com/careers.