We are Hiring! Actuarial Analyst
Location: Edina, MN or La Jolla
Why choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers. Palomar welcomes self-motivated individuals to our thriving company. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Go to plmr.com to learn more. https://ir.plmr.com/corporate-profile/default.aspx
The Details: We are seeking a driven, curious, and high energy Actuarial Analyst with a strong statistical background to join our team. Successful candidates will be those who demonstrate a thorough understanding of actuarial reserving and pricing models, as well as proven creativity with implementing solutions. The ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team is a must.
What will you do?
- Company Reserve Analysis
- Large Account Pricing
- Reinsurance Analytical Support
- Trend and Rate Monitoring of Existing Business
- New Business Evaluation
- Rate and Form Filing Support
- Research and Development
What we are looking for: (Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science
- Minimum of 3 exams passed with a desire to work towards ACAS and/or FCAS credential
- Two to five years of experience in an actuarial or a similar analytical role.
- Familiarity with reserving, pricing, and/or data analytics.
Experience in the Finance or Insurance industries is a plus.
We love people who want to:
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment, with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
- Demonstrable track record of working autonomously and driving progress
- Be intellectually curious, think creatively, and pragmatic
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you’ll enjoy a career with Palomar!
What will you get in return?
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more visit us at www.plmr.com
Diversity at Palomar
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce, while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability (both visible and invisible) can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation please
Pay Range: $85,000 – $140,000
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
CCPA Job Applicant: https://plmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PLMR-CCPA-Job-Applicant-Notice.pdf
#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring